Monday, June 16, 2008

Kids, Kids, Kids!

You'd think I was complaining but I am not. This weekend friends of ours had a beautiful baby boy and we visited them in the hospital. The little guy took to me right away (supposedly did not do that well with one of the G-mom's, I'm just sayin) and totally made my ovaries hurt more than any other child has. Also my neice and nephew are in town from CA (their parents are too but while they are funny and good to drink with they are not as cute).
I love my neice and nephew. They are extremely well behaved, smart and imaginitive kids. I give all the credit to their parents and hope that if we do have kids that we can be half the parents they are. I also got to read my nephew his bedtime story. It was so sweet to me that he thought it was a big deal.
We will see them again tonight at dinner as well as P's G-mom so we will have 4 generations under one roof. I think that's a cool way to spend a Monday evening.

18 comments:

BS5 Blogger said...

4 generations under 1 roof - smart indeed.

Candid Carrie said...

Well slap a papoose on your back and call yourself a squaw!

Los said...

What Carrie said ...

Ovaries hurting? Oh boy - does your husband know?

Suburbia said...

You sound a bit broody!

Anonymous said...

Ha! Carrie, you're a riot!

Sometime I kinda think I might want to have kids. Then I wake up from my day dream and look around at all the screaming kids. And minivans... I think it's written somewhere that you have to get a minivan when you have kids. No thank you.

As Cape Cod Turns said...

Sounds like a GREAT Monday night!!!

Your ovaries were hurting? Hmmm, that means last night you were wondering, "Should we have a baby?"

Hey when are you coming to lovely Cape Cod? I will prepare you some surf and turf too!

Anonymous said...

Kids are gret as long as they go home after you play with them...LOL

Muffy Willowbrook said...

HA! omigosh - you and I are having the very same internal struggle right now.

Enjoy those babes.

Manders said...

Well, in case you do decide to put a bun in the oven, you'll have at least nine months to get used to the idea. And then 18+ years to regret it.

Single, and kid-less, and lovin' every minute of it!

Unknown said...

Only the lil' newborn babies get my wife excited. Apart from that, she's over raising more kiddo's.

scargosun said...

Oh, trust me good readers...the hurting stopped after a few glasses of wine. ;)

Acrimony said...

One of my friends is due with her first baby in a few weeks and I'm thinking I should get my husband fixed before then because if my ovaries start hurting we might end up with #4!

Anonymous said...

My ovaries still clench when I see babies, so I understand!
4 generations is very impressive!

Cherlyn said...

Re: Pom flavored water, I found it at WalMart. It's made by Aquafina. It's delish. =]

Holy Crappers said...

Oh yeah, kids are real cute, then they grow up!

#1

Tiffany said...

4 generations, that just makes me happy. Nothing like a new baby. Yum.me.

Carrie! You are killing me!

Betsy, short for Elizabeth, formally known as Esther said...

I know the feeling, my uterus contracts every time I hold a sweet newborn!

4 generations is FABULOUS!!!

Anonymous said...

"J"-
Especially since you didn't know that I'd ever read that, that is the sweetest thing you just wrote about my kids and how we've raised them. Our little guy loves his Aunt J and it was indeed quite special to him. I like your blog. I hope you know how much we all love you.
- the other "J"