Tuesday, April 29, 2008

This is my brother...


The one on the right.
I actually wasn't really sure if I had anything to write about today and then my brother sent me this picture. That is him at a trade show where he met Paul Sr.


T (my brother) is 8 years younger than me. So yes, he was a 'surprise.' T is a really good guy. He has been a volunteer firefighter since he was 16 years old. He is now in marketing with a company that makes fightfighting equipment AND he occasionally teaches at the fire school at Texas A&M. Pretty cool stuff. I have never seen him in action for a fire and I don't think I want to. He and his longtime girlfriend D also own horses.
When he was little he was the bane of my existance at times. We had to babysit him and he was a terror. One time he put a hole in our fish tank with a tack hammer (age 3). He told on us when we had a party at the house when Mom and Dad were out of town (even after my sister's friend bribed him with micro machines). He also spied on me when I was in the basement with my boyfriends then reported back to my Mom.
When he got older, he was more fun and we were able to appriciate each other more. As time goes on, I hope this will continue as he is a pretty cool guy and has a lot of the great qualities my Dad had. I will probably just always be the older sister who showed up to his graduation way hungover.

5 comments:

BS5 Blogger said...

Hi there, I suspect your brother will think of you for much more than that. A nice post tonight.

Hope you are well? Thanks so much for your comments over here in England! Fun that you know know the hanky is really a sweetie bag...shhhhhhh it's a secret! The pink tie was the surprise of the day!

Bed approaches for me :)

Have a great Wednesday and take care with you and yours.

BS5

Betsy, short for Elizabeth, formally known as Esther said...

Two things:

LOVE Paul Sr. (did you see the one from the first season when he and Paul Jr. cried?)

Deadliest Catch is on tonight!!!

Los said...

I had an older brother who was 13 years older than me, and I have a younger brother who is 9 years younger than me ... I'm pretty sure I was a "surprise," and I'm absolutely positive my little brother was one.

Muffy Willowbrook said...

Your brother is adorable!

Betsy, short for Elizabeth, formally known as Esther said...

Yes, I watched DC last night. Pretty good. I thought it might have been edited for content. I would never be able to do that!!! And what is with Johnathan not understanding his kid's desire to be a better father? Sort of pissed me off!!

I haven'ted watched AC for a long time now. I will have to check out the website. Why did Vinnie leave? Do you remember when his baby was born? Such a nice guy!