Tuesday, August 17, 2010

It's in the Works: My Island

In trying to get over my Gym Fear I have been trying to get there more often rather than depend on running in the neighborhood.  Also, I don't want to hear from P that I am wasting money, belonging to a gym but not going blah, blah, blah.  Anyway, the treadmills are set up so that you can watch TV, like most gyms.  What I find funny is that the tv's in front of me, one to the left and one to the right are always on CNN and E! respectively.

What I am finding out is that these two channels, not so different from each other.  On one hand I have a well known person making a fool out of themselves with outlandish comments in an interview, solely for press (you know, no such thing as bad press) and then on the other hand I have a shot of Snooki baring her patoot after leaving a sex shop (girlfriend should know better than to go commando in a skirt that short).   See, not so different.

So these two channels are giving me ideas for the next person to get shipped off to My Island.  The problem is, I have SOOOOO many people to choose from these days.  I feel like I have gotten behind on my travel agent duties.  So, here is a small recap of who is there.

Brittany Spears, Amy Winehouse, Lindsay Lohan, Rick Santorum (this was the first post so there were a few people sent right off the bat)

Ann Coulter

Elizabeth Hasselbeck

Ocotmom, Nadya Suleman

I even have a place for kids of the My Island inhabitants if there is not another parent in the picture

There are a couple other posts about My Island but they deal mostly with what is going on there and responses to requests.  Click on the My Island label to see more.

There is no one currently flying stand by so I have room in that category and I have a few usual suspects to send but I want to do my due diligence.  I don't send just anyone there.  They really have to have some terrible qualities... like qualities that really nothing at all makes up for their general terribleness (I was not really sure that was a word but spell check seems to think it is).  Qualities that should probably be removed from the gene pool.  I am sure you can think of a few people that deserve a one way ticket to My Island.

Would you like to make suggestions?  

5 comments:

Rachael West said...

Wow I love the idea of "My Island" there are soooo many people I would send there :+)

Los said...

Do we already have Brett Favre there? Just wondering ...

Andrew said...

How about everyone on Jersey Shore?

Ronnica said...

It is amazing how much we mix up "news" and "entertainment" in our country!

Paul G said...

Jesse James