Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Off the Wagon

Ok, I feel like I am cheating on a diet or something. I have been dutifully eating local now all summer. Today though, after not eating for 24 hours, I fell off the wagon and got a hoagie at Wawa, Doritos Cool Ranch, a Nantucket Nectar and Butterscotch Krimpets. You see, I slept for approximately 1 hour the night before last. Yesterday I was a puddle of quivering jelly with dizziness thrown in. Not fun. I was able to eat lunch and somehow get home from work but there would be no dinner last night. This morning, migraine. Yea! When it was gone I was ravenous! Am I enjoying it? Yes but not as much as I would enjoy something from the farm stand.

Seriously, I have become addicted to the stuff there. I never truly realized how good stuff that is in season and grown locally is until I made it my mission to get it. I'll stop by there on the way home and load up. With what I paid for my lunch, I can probably get produce for the next week. If I could keep that in mind maybe I can steer clear of the crap I am eating today. :)

I haven't fallen off the face of the earth by the way. Internet and or computer at home still causing problems and I really have too much to do to blog at work anymore.

6 comments:

Mama Dawg said...

Just glad to know that things are ok. We'll still be here when you get the 'net back at home.

I've been eating locally grown peaches and tomatoes and man....they are sooooooo good.

Unknown said...

Glad to know you are still kicking!

Brianinmpls said...

That sounds so good...damn you I am starving

Betsy, short for Elizabeth, formally known as Esther said...

I have been wondering. I must find a farmer's market near me!

We have been eating our home grown cukes and soon we will have carrots and tomatoes!

Anonymous said...

I've been cleaning up my diet for the last week. I'm feeling better, and the headaches are dissapating. I miss cookies!

Lindsay said...

I really need to start making an effort to buy locally. It'll be apple season here really soon, so I'll be able to do that soon. I wish I could grow my own stuff, but alas, too many trees...