Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Mother Nature Let Down

Do you remember when you were a kid and the prospect of snow was the most exciting thing in the world? I remember going to bed on nights they were calling for snow and being so excited that the next day would be filled with things to do that you would not normally get to do. I mean think about it. If you live in a temperate zone in the US, how many days out of the year would you get to go sledding, make snow angels, have snowball fights and generally enjoy being outside in 20 degree weather? It really is a rare occurrence.

Do you remember the let down you felt when there was no snow on the ground? I have been feeling that way every time they call for snow here. We get like an inch maybe and if we get more, it's in the form of ice. You can't play in that.

I realize I am adult so I may do different things with my snow day but they are no less exciting. relaxing with tea or cocoa, maybe baking cookies or taking a mid afternoon nap in the middle of the work week is a VERY exciting prospect for me. I have been racking my brain trying to come up with the moment my Karma became stained enough so as to make Mother Nature turn on me so. It's not that I can't come up with one but I really can't come up with a total amount that would make it so that the ENTIRE winter would be like this.

I am ready to repent to Mother Nature. I am ready to run around naked in the cold. I am ready to dance with sticks. I am ready to give up my plastic freezer bags...ok maybe 1/2 of them.

JUST PLEASE GIVE ME A FREAKING SNOW DAY!

8 comments:

my2boyz said...

Come to WI we have pleny of snow on the ground!!

Mama Dawg said...

LOL! I hear ya! It's just too darn warm down here to even hope for a snow day.

Lula! said...

Come to southwest Virginia...Libbey is home from school today and the snow is coming down so hard and so fast that I can barely see 10 feet outside our front door. I love it. Seriously!

Los said...

I remember listening to KYW1060 and waiting for them to call my school number ... 450. Sometimes it came, and sometimes I cursed my superintendant for making me go to school.

Happy Valley Mom said...

Come to the Happy Valley--we have had 5 so far!

L.R. M-J said...

Ok, you win...I f'n LOL at the last paragraph...picturing you doing all of that. HAAAAAA. Thanks. My extremities may be freezing, but I'm warm inside.

John Deere Mom said...

You need to become a teacher. You get the same excited feeling watching the scrolling delays and closings until you see your school!

That is...until you're on snow day 7 and you are now going to school well into June. Hmpf.

Lex the mom said...

Mother nature didn't let us down yesterday - we got 18" last night/yesterday. I will glady send some of this yuck your way. ;) We had that on top of about a foot already on the ground.

We will be going out to play (tomorrow) & I wish you could join us!