Wednesday, September 15, 2010

My Dog Cooks! - Post Title I am Particularly Proud Of - Back to Blogging Day 3

I am participating in the SITS gals Back 2 Blogging event.  Today on Day 3 we were to choose a favorite past post based on a title we liked.  That was really hard for me seeing as I think maybe my titles need work AND I could not separate the content from the title while I was choosing.  I tried very, very hard.  I chose this post because you probably could not help but click on it if it showed up in your list of updated posts.  I mean seriously, who doesn't love a dog who (tries to) cook?  Also, my doggies are my kids so this is as close to a Mom post as I get. ;)

I chose a post circa 2008:

The Dog Tried to Make Brownies

This is how my weekend without internet started.
I walk in the door to let G-dog out at around noon Friday and notice a bottle of vegetable oil on the rug in the living room oil spots on the sisal rug and the cap next to the bottle AND a bitten but not eaten box of brownie mix on the floor under the dining table.

Me: (calling out) G-dog!, (waiting) G-dog!

G-dog: (Comes out of bedroom, sleepily blinking eyes and wagging tail) Dude, I was sleeping. What's up.

Me: What did you do?!

G-dog: Well I ate the treats you left for me. The one you hid under the pillow was hard to find. Relaxed a bit, got bored with moose, rabbit, squirrel, et al and went into the kitchen to find something to do. I went in to the room I'm not supposed to and decided to make brownies.

Me: Brownies.

G-dog: Yeah. So I got the brownie mix out and then realized I needed vegetable oil so I went and got that. Then I realized the oil was in a plastic bottle and you know how much I like plastic bottles.

Me: Uh-huh

G-dog: So it started innocently enough, I was working on getting the cap off then I bit the bottle and it felt so good I continued. Then I tasted the oil and decided, ick! So I dropped it on the floor and nosed it around a few times, trying to get the oil out and eventually I went back to the brownie box and realized that I needed eggs AND water too. Well I had water in my bowl but the eggs are in the fridge and I couldn't reach them so I abandoned the whole brownie idea and went back to the bedroom and took a nap.

Me: So you do realize that you can't have brownies. They are chocolate and not good for you.

G-dog: Really!? Huh. Well I guess it's a good thing I didn't make them then.

4 comments:

Diane said...

I love the post. Very humorous! I can just hear his "dog voice"!

Kelly Loy Gilbert said...

Hahhaahah! Oh my gosh. That's too funny. I love the dog narration, haha. This kind of makes me wish I could have a dog!

Tracy @ The Chameleon's Backbone said...

Funny - I love it when pets talk!

BS5 Blogger said...

I loved that the first time round! X