Ahem, to begin Tiffany is pretty...even without Photoshop actions to make her look rested and her voice is that of a thousand butterfly wings over lavender, beating not in unison but in a melodious tempo to sweeten the air and soothe the mind. :)
Ok, here's the lowdown on Bloggy Boot Camp. My brain is full. That is all.
Just kidding! I still remembered to shower and keep up basic hygiene on Sunday and Monday. I did wear my bra on my head but my husband caught me before I went out the door.
But I digress, you don't want to hear about my awesome fall style, you want to hear about Bloggy Boot Camp in Philly.
Here is what I LOVED about Bloggy Boot Camp:
- Everyone was Tweeting about it in the days leading up to it. Tiffany sent out a Twitter list and we all tweeted excitedly. BTW - if you are not doing Twitter and you want to meet other bloggers, run, don't walk and get yourself a Twitter account.
- A meet up the night before was a great way to get to know people early.
- I got to FINALLY meet Kathy, Tiffany and Jill aka Mama Kat, SITS girl extraordinaire and queen of the R Family Diaries and Scary Mommy. It was like a backstage meet and greet with your favorite bands. if you go to a Bloggy Boot Camp, the bloggers you love WILL be there and they will be so happy YOU are be there!
- I was able to use all my social media tools (Facebook, Twitter, Blogger, etc) while the conference was going on. This was great because people got to document some of the wonderful things that were said, right then and there for those that could not make it.
- I got something from each and every speaker. There was not one I wanted to leave for a bit for or get a cup of coffee because it didn't apply to me. Everything applied to me or to my blog or will in the near future.
- Every person there, was glad I was there and I felt the same way about everyone else. It was a love fest and I was happy to be a part of it. Whether you have thousands of followers, or not any, everyone was there because they love to blog and want to support those who do. There was no toxic talk, no comparison of money made, in fact it was barely spoken about. Why? Because that is not the measure of a good blog and everyone there agreed with that.
- I did not stay in the hotel with the other bloggers. :( I was very local so I thought it would be fine to take the train in to Philly for this. Boo! Never again will I make that mistake for any conference. I didn't have a place to go between the conference and the party. Luckily because Nap Warden aka Cynthia and Every Day Childhood aka Kelley, they let me hang with them and eat pizza. :) I missed the late night stuff and the additional bonding. I really hated to leave when I had to.
- I did not take enough pictures. I vow to bring a camera EVERYWHERE now. Whether it is my new 'big' camera or the point and shoot, look out because I am going to git ya!
- If you have a laptop, bring it, if you can bring a power strip bring it. You can probably make money off letting people rent space on your power strip during the day. Kidding! Just bring one if you can. I promise people will be grateful.
- Stay overnight if you can on the day of the conference. See above.
- Tell Tiffany she is pretty. She is so it's not hard but she really likes to hear it.
- If you don't have time to buy business cards, print some up on your computer. You'll do a lot of talking but having a card is a great way to follow up with people if you only got a second to chat.