Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Burning Question

I was running this morning and there is a stream of thought that I could not get out of my head. In the movie "Animal House," when our heroes are standing in Dean Wormer's office as he reads off their grades to them I wonder, which was worse, D-Day's "has no grade point average, all courses incomplete" or Bluto's 0.0? I mean, D-Day probably could have just retook the classes and had no failing grades (if he didn't fall off the face of the earth according to the end of the movie) but Bluto and the other guys with crazy low GPA's would have to spend the rest of their college careers trying to bring up that GPA. I mean Wormer seemed pretty disgusted with them all but I think D-Day had the least worry.

What do you think?

4 comments:

Diane said...

I've always loved that movie. I think Bluto totally pulled his grades up. Didn't he become a senator? D-Day was always going to be counter-culture!

Los said...

Agreed ... D-Day did the right thing. Bluto probably didn't have to worry about any more semesters ...

Mama Dawg said...

Does this keep you up at night? Cause stuff like this keeps me up at night sometimes.

Great to see you and thanks for the welcome back!

Kelley with Amy's Angels said...

As an academic advisor, I'd rather see "I"'s on the transcript than "F"'s as the "I"'s mean, "I'll try" where the "F"'s say "Forget it, I'm done."