Monday, September 1, 2008

New Superhero Needs a Name

My alter-ego needs a name. Can you help?

Today I woke up with all my allergy symptoms in full swing. I was miserable and all I wanted to do was sleep some more.

Dun, dun, dun. Nemesis P invites friends over for a bbq (cool) BUT also has the contractor come to finish up work in the bedroom (not cool). I have 3 hours to get food, clean up after contractor, get rid of allergy symptoms and shower.

*blinding flash of (oven) light* It's ___________ whipper up-er of home for entertaining purposes! Able to create a relaxing event for family and friends at the drop of a hat even with her nemesis trying to thwart her at every turn.

That would be my alter ego. Fill in the blank. k?

I ran to Maple Acres and picked up beef patties (pasture raised thank you very much), tomatoes (searched long and hard for pretty ones), red potatoes (hey where is my potato salad recipe?) and corn. Headed to the g-store for sausages, rolls, potato salad fixins and snax. Ran home, boiled water, blanched green beans for hdo's, boiled potatoes, mixed potato salad dressing while spuds boiled. I then cleaned up bathroom, took a shower and then prepped rest of stuff.

Friends came over with their ADORABLE eat him up with a spoon boy, sweet Italian Greyhound, yummy wild rice salad and bottle of wine (much praise for the wine too). We sat on the grass, drank wine, nibbled food and relaxed.

Dun, dun, dun. Nemesis P whines that the patties are too frozen to break apart. Cue my sidekick of the day, hot water over freezer bag with patties inside to the rescue! Whining subdued.

Yummy dinner, good times with friends and a gorgeous evening. All thanks to ___________.
Me again, help me with a name.

Oh yeah, we didn't have the corn because awesome friends brought yummy salad. So ________ then blanched de-cobbed and froze said corn for winter goodness. My alter ego is also learning the ways of the domestic goddess.

8 comments:

Los said...

Hmmmm .... super hero name .... thinking .... thinking ... "the Rhino-virus." I'm not sure what it is, but I remember seeing many Lysol commercials years ago talking about the rhino-virus and how it is the number 1 virus that causes colds ...

Jen said...

I think that I should be the 'Quick-Fix-Entertainer-Foodie-Girl'

Ok so not my best work, I am kinda brain dead this morning.

A.C. said...

Relaxor....but you have to pronounce the last syllable like you would in the name "Skeletor."

Betsy, short for Elizabeth, formally known as Esther said...

Where else did I find that closet thing? TARGET!!

I am still thinking on the name...It isn't easy!

As Cape Cod Turns said...

GENIUS JEN!!!!
A great super hero name for a great girl who can get it all done in a minute! You rock girl!

Robin said...

Hey, thanks for coming over and leaving some bloggy love for me. Meant a lot. :-)

Party sounded like fun.

How about:

-Super Claritin-Coma Mom
-Emperor Snot In My Nose but Not on My Hands
-Princess Snot on My Sleeve
-Captain Crusty Nose

That's all I got. Not on my A game right now.

Tiffany said...

I have no idea.. I am suddenly very hungry.

XXYXX said...

Er … using my mighty powers of free association, assonance and alliteration, and a passing knowledge of superhero comics, how about...

Oven Maiden
Stepford Buster
Kaptain Kitchen
The Whineinator
Ice Jen & Defroster Girl